Am 01/14/2016 11:08 AM, schrieb Jan Høydahl:
Also, the release notes page is not linked from the Readme, only from the
downloads page. Should we fix it?

sure, we can add a note into the Readme. But - back to the problem you have
solved with Frank and assumed I understood it right - this would not help when
the DMG file cannot be downloaded because of the Gatekeeper. ;-)

You can download it and even install it, but the Gatekeeper will stop you from
executing the binary unless you relax your security settings in System
Preferences. Franks problem was mainly that he still had an old install lying
around, and his Dock shortcut still pointed to that one.

OK, that I didn't know.

It would be better to add this to the system requirements (strange that it is
still not there, I would add it) or an additional hint on the download webpage
only when something for OS X was selected.

Perfect, perhaps start with a prominent note in README for Mac.

Right, but I don't know if we have special Readme's for different platforms. Anyway, it is controlled in the SVN code repository.

A respective text paragraph is added to the release notes since version 4.0.
So, copying to the Readme file and download webpage should be easy.

But a much better approach is to sign our OSX releases.

Sure but this is a different topic for a (as I've seen already) new topic.

Marcus