Olaf,

all, what you showed in your email, can be done on the commandline. But
most users prefere GUI's for such tasks. Your calibration is a good start.

Why not using a open source GUI application, which supports colour
management:
http://www.behrmann.name/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=69&Itemid=95
or probably
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management

With such you can work on a profiled image (sRGB?/AdobeRGB/L-StarRGB ...)
and watch with your monitor profile colour corrected on the fly. Printout
is done with your print profile applied before sending to your local
printer.

For a remote print service your application should support embedding of
profiles during saving the image.

Ask your print service to which colour space to convert. If they dont can
say which colour space, they probably dont support colour management and
you will probably get more or less a pleasing product not a accurate one.
Maybe this satisfies you and thats ok.

For accurate matching check the Scribus wiki about this toppic:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?page=cms

On what operating system does you work? This would help to give a more
specific suggestion.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management