Hi all,

thanks a lot for all your feedack and your answers. I
am impressed. :-)

To sum up this a little bit and ask some follow up questions:
Using GIMP 2.3 devel I can at least process images in a color
managed workflow (and even better with cinepaint, with a
reduced set of funtions for image processing). So it's time
to upgrade to Gimp 2.3.

I need to assign a profile to the image when I imported it
from my camera. Right now I am using a Sony F828, mainly
JPEG format (and RAW only for infrared images until now).
So I have to get or create an ICC profile for this camera.
To my knowledge Sony does not provide ICC profiles for this
camera so I might try to use LPROF to create one. What is
used here, a RAW image or a JPEG? (That's interesting because
the F828 uses a 4 color sensor (sYCC color space)...)
Anyone done this before (saving me the work?)

Ok, after processing with color managed GIMP I might
just send the image to a print service  (and they could
convert the image using their own profiles). Or I might
do the job using TIFFICC or JPEGICC applying the output
profile for the printer device.

Maybe a bit off topic for this forum: What printer driver
to use (with Linux)? I am thinking of getting a Canon PIXMA
Pro 9500 (when it comes out later this year) or an Epson
R2400... I guess I might have a look at something like
Gutenprint? Other recommendations? Maybe it could be easier
to use Windows for printing (would not be so much of a
hassle).

Cheers, Olaf

--
Olaf Gellert                                            _ - __o
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    _- _<,_