Hi,

Frédéric wrote:
> Well, you do not need to assign a profile to your jpeg file; your camera has
> already did the job when converting raw into jpeg, in the sRGB colorspace.

Ok, so I am always reduced to sRGB with JPEG. Well, was thinking
about getting a DSLR anyway (because F8.0 on the fixed lense sony
is not enough for macro and studio shots sometimes and some other
reasons...).

> It is possible to create profiles for DSLR, but it is very difficult, and
> only has sens if you take your pictures in the same conditions. For
> example, your can't use automatic white balance! Profiling a DSLR is only
> usefull for studio pictures, where all parameters of the camera remain the
> same.

Ok, sometimes it helps linking all the knowledge that you already
have to really understand things. I read an article some weeks
ago about wedding photographers using ICC profiles to convert
their raw shots automatically. This helps, but only if you
shoot always with the same settings. Sure...

I was thinking about doing a raw shot of some target
(lit by a 5000k light), and then maybe converting it
to TIFF and use SCARSE (www.scarse.org) or whatever.
Would that be already sufficient to get good results?
Or at least beeter than sRGB? Not sure about it...

It seems that it is still not too common for manufacturers
of cameras to simply provide ICC profiles?

Olaf

--
Olaf Gellert                                            _ - __o
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    _- _<,_