Hi KP

Yes, there are different preferences, and Erich said it'll be easy to remove
modules.sqfs and use of moddb.lrp though it'll reuire the new config option in
leaf.cfg.

I still don't see why. The config option just states the obvious, the presence of modules.sqfs.

Let's keep it that way until we'll find a better/more accpeted solution.

This raises a new question - is there a need for 2.3MB moddb.lrp anymore?

???

Or can we rework the logic to shrink moddb?

What logic, there is hardly any logic in moddb.lrp, just a compressed tarball of /lib/mpdules.

The question IMHO should be, how can we assert a minimal lib/modules directory?

By removing all unnecessary modules from memory _and_ /lib/mdules. That is the hard part.

cheers

ET