Hi KP

Am 25.08.2015 um 19:01 schrieb kp kirchdoerfer:
Hi Erich;

Am Montag, 24. August 2015, 13:36:48 schrieb Erich Titl:
Hi KP

Yes, there are different preferences, and Erich said it'll be easy to
remove modules.sqfs and use of moddb.lrp though it'll reuire the new
config option in leaf.cfg.

I still don't see why. The config option just states the obvious, the
presence of modules.sqfs.

You are correct, with one exception.
Modules loaded from modules.sqfs during booot are written to
/var/lib/lrpkg/sqfs.modules
and saving modules will not save those.
Andrew explained his decision in previous mails.

To be able to delete modules.sqfs and save *all* modules into moddb.lrp a new
option has been added to leaf.cfg.

While I understand your concerns, and  appreciate it, though I also respect
Andrews explanations - at last the one who writes the code has an advantage :)

The default should keep current behaviour, e.g. saving should be the default and _not_ saving the new behaviour.

cheers

ET