As important as UT1 is in astrology, look to South Asia/East Asia for a
solution to this problem.  It is also important in the determination of Jewish
and Islamic prayer times.

Many existing apps that provide these services rely on UTC as a rough
representation of UT1, but if UTC drifts from UT1 by more than 1 second, they
will develop new ways to handle that difference.

I expect there will be a proliferation of updated apps, some of which are tied
to various national observatories, that will compete in the offering of some
form of UT1 or DUT1 that could then be related to UTC on local systems.  But
given the importance of UT1 to many people, I will be curious to see if some
nations set up their own time synchronization protocols to disseminate UT1.
Between China and India, there's a large enough market for this.

Cheers,

Kevin

"Time is the measure of a wobbly world, and things slipping away."
Rabanus Maurus, 9th century.

Kevin K. Birth
Department of Anthropology
Queens College, CUNY