Seaman, Robert Lewis - (rseaman) <rsea...@arizona.edu> wrote:

> Getting the solar time currently means looking at your watch or the
> upper right-hand corner of the monitor.

Well, no, not for more than half the year. I happen to be close to the
Greenwich meridian so my clocks currently show something close to mean
solar time (about 30 seconds fast, I think?) but that isn't true for most
people.

I assumed from your complaint about losing access to solar time that you
cared about roughly-second or subsecond precision, because if your
precision requirements are "look at the clock on the wall" your complaint
does not make sense. The clock on the wall tells the time for social
purposes, not for the position of the sun in the sky.

--
Tony Finch  <d...@dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
Isle of Man: West 5 or 6, backing south 3 or 4, then southeast 6 or 7