I only encrypt what's going out in email. It's probably overkill because most people who hack into other people's mail wouldn't know what to do with a Legacy family file. However, it takes 2 seconds to throw a password on the file before emailing so I just do it.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I also had problems in the beggining with saving etc.

So i had to have someone explain it to me. All seems fine now,
although i'm still a little bit weary after having lost some data
prior to me sorting out the saving/backup thing.

On the topic of encrytion, i really think that is overkill and dont
see the point in doing such a thing.

Bobby.