Nick Mathewson wrote:
So reading that message again, I guess I wasn't as explicit as I
should have been.  Short version: "yes, I think the next release will
build okay with visual C.  But somebody besides me test out the code
in the subversion repository to make sure there aren't any surprises."

Ah. Well, I noticed that thread referenced 1.4.x so I thought I'd try the 2.x snap, since the completion port support makes this the first libevent of real interest to me.

I'll try to find an opportunity to grab from svn this evening.

James