On Wed, February 14, 2007 21:47, Kevin Lambert wrote:
> I just downloaded and attempted to build 2.6.9 using gcc 4.1.1 under
> kernel version 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 and received:
>
> cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
> ../include/pqxx/result.hxx:63: warning: lowering visibility of 'void
> pqxx::internal::freemem_result_data(pqxx::internal::result_data*)' to
> match its type

This has happened before, but as far as I can see it's outside our
control.  From the "fc6" suffix on your kernel version I take it you're
probably using a Fedora-based distribution of GNU/Linux (apart from that,
the kernel really doesn't come into it).  I haven't found any explanation
of what the warning is really for, but apparently it happens only in
Fedora versions of g++.

See here for the history of this problem:

http://thaiopensource.org/development/libpqxx/ticket/83

It's possible that the warning can be disabled by adding "-Wno-attributes"
to your CXXFLAGS when running the configure script.  If that doesn't work,
you may have to edit your Makefile and remove the "-Werror" option.

Jeroen