On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:29:34AM -0800, Fargusson.Alan wrote:
> I have seen a few of the Compaq Portables.  They seem to be remarkably
> well built.

There was a three-foot drop in the production line. THe machine was powered
up and running a test program; if it glitched in any way during or after the
drop, it failed.

> Every once in a while one turns up at various schools I
> visit, and most of them still work.  They won't run Windows 95, or NT
> though.  I am not sure if they will run Windows 3.x or not.

Only if 3.x will run on an 8088. It wasn't till the Portable 286, a few
models down the line, that it had anything beyond the original 8088.