Gregg C Levine wrote:

I've actually met one of those contraptions. A piece of, *****, well
never mind. But it did start the portable computer generation. Anybody
remember the Compaq Portable series?

Did the Osborne predate the Kaypro computers? I still have a Kaypro ][ (upgraded to two DSDD drives) in my garage, but I haven't powered it on in years. It'll be twenty years old this August. It's portable, but it helps if you have one of those little folding luggage carts. (We used to move it a lot between my dorm and my sisters' dorm, depending on whether they needed it or it was back home in my room.)

Don't talk to me about Compaq, those Johnny-come-latelies.... :-)

Ah, CP/M.... Wordstar....