No kidding.  I used to do Comdex booth setup for a company that did 3rd. party service
back in the 80's.  The various companies would send us sample equipment to put in our
booth.

I saw everything from Televideo boxes that were built so cheaply you could just about
put a finger through the cabinet to units from Fujitsu with heavy cast-aluminum cases
you could drive a bus over.