Hello!
One could also ask why Slackware defaults to using one of the journal
enabled file-systems as well.

Although after reading user complaints regarding the problems with
maintaining just such a file-system, then I will definitely agree with
everyone about that decision.

In fact for those of us who run that particular distribution, but certainly
not for business, there's a document enclosed within the boot directory
regarding why an initial root device blob needs to be created when using  a
journal enabled one.
--
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]