Scott Rohling wrote:

Other than the virtual nature of the disks and that they aren't hardwired to
the server, I don't see any reason to handle them differently than in the
x86 world.  They're no more dangerous on z/VM than they are anywhere
else..    Any of the reasons an LVM might 'go bad' on x86 applies to z/VM as
well (and vice-a-versa)..   Admittedly - it's probably easier to yank a disk
away from a guest than it is to yank a hard drive out of an x86 server :-)

A cure idea I came across on Intellish hardware was to create a _RAID_
group including a firewire drive.

To backup system,
insert drive
sync
remove drive

Those are pretty easy to remove (and it's an idea that might be useful
on mainframes too). Maybe using a virtual firewire drive:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait