> My point of view is that there is only one reason to put / in an LVM:
> easier expansion if needed.  Some of those calls others have referred to in
> the middle of the night can happen because root fills up..  and being able
> to dynamically add space without bringing down Linux can be an easy fix
> until the cause of the unexpected file writing can be determined.

That is how I'm looking at it.  Saying that, I'm not very familiar with the
inner workings of z/VM.

All of our 100+ x86 Linux servers have / in LVM and over the past year we've
had to completley rebuild a server maybe once.   I guess I don't expect the 3am
calls like everyone else because I've never had them before w/ Linux on x86.

>>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:01 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Scott Rohling