Hopefully you did a study to see how many Oracle DB's will run on your 5
IFL's.
- Studies can also be used to help you properly size your DR environment,
in addition to the effects of breaking them up into different LPAR's.  .

Chances are (but not 100% given) that 4 LPAR's each with 5 IFL's defined to
them with only 5 real ones available to run on maybe over committing a bit
to much.
If your sharing engines (like you most likely should) consider placing
dev/test into a lower weighted LPAR and break them out like this:
LPAR1 = 3
LPAR2 = 3

That would allow you to set at least 1 Linux guest to use up to 3 CPU's
while helping to control your over commit.
Note:  You should of course really map this out with IBM or your BP to
review goals.
- Having a means to measure your system and track its behavior as you grow
is also important.
- If you have a great performance product, chances are they come with a
team of folks that will help you on things like this as well.
- And if you ask me, it's better to have them engaged early over trying to
scramble to get them engaged as they can really help you set realistic
expectations.

BTW, here is a link for the Oracle z Systems special interest group (SIG)
web site.
http://zseriesoraclesig.org/

Lots of great material from past sessions is available from it.
I did talk to some of the team working on it recently and they do plan to
have this years info updated soon.
- They did confirm DC as reported from last years event.

Enjoy and good luck,
Kurt

--

<>< Go fishing ><>