On 13.02.2017 05:21, mohd rizal wrote:
Hi All,

We just bought LinuxOne machine purposely to run the Oracle database. This
machine come with 10 IFLs. 4 LPARs will be created and z/VM ver 6.4 and
SUSE Linux will run on top of it.

I have some issue regarding the Oracle license. Company only bought 5
oracle license for this year and will buy the remaining 5 license next year.

In the HMC, can we give 5 IFL to all LPAR:-
LPAR1 = 5 IFL
LPAR2 = 5 IFL
LPAR3 = 5 IFL
LPAR4 = 5 IFL

or we should setup like this;-
LPAR1 = 2 IFL
LPAR2 = 1 IFL
LPAR3 = 1 IFL
LPAR4 = 1 IFL

I don't want to have any issue with the auditor team later on. Please give
some advice...

I'd define an LPAR Group for the CEC, cap the Group's IFLs to 5, and assign
LPAR1-4 to the Group.

That should allow you to run any sw licensed for 5 IFLs in any operating system
running inside the
four LPARs in any count.

That's just for capping usage of physical IFLs. On top of that, performance
related structures are
implemented. Like number of virtual CPUs per LPARs, relative share values
between LPARs, etc. etc.

However, I don't know if LinuxOne machines have LPAR Groups as the "normal"
CECs do. And I don't
know for sure if absolute IFL capping with LPAR groups obeys Oracle's licensing
policies.

--
Regards,
Juha Vuori