web2news.pl")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: AARON KULKIS...USENET SPAMMER, LIAR, AND THUG
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:51:31 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Ed Cogburn wrote:
>
> >> That would decimate the lower income people while giving the rich
> >> a free ride.
> >So, your entire argument is based on class warfare?  Remember, MOST
> >of society's problems which necessitate government in the first place
> >are caused by "the poor"...the "poorly-behaved" is a better description.
>
>         One notable practitioner of class warfare, by that definition, is
> a certain Aaron Kulkis, who has attacked the Kennedys and the Rockefellers.

I attack them for being net leeches upon society.  The size of their
bankd account is irrelevant.

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why is "ease of use" a dirty concept?
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:05:23 -0300

[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:

> On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:43:18 GMT, Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >In article <8m9a77$4dp$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donal K. Fellows) wrote:
> >from
> >>
> >> The closest you can (reasonably) get is to have a common protocol "on
> >> the wire" so that different toolkits can talk to each other.  This is
> >> what Xdnd represents, and in doing so it is a great improvement on
> >> what went before (speaking from experience!)
> >
> >Indeed, and Xdnd, and having toolkits that support it, is good
> >because of that. Xdnd is "just" a nice specification.
>
>         Not quite.
>
>         The previous standard was Motif DnD.

Please notice that I said "nice". Motif DnD is much more complex,
and difficult to implement, than Xdnd. Not to mention that, IIRC,
it was not publically documented until a few years ago.

> [deletia]
>
>         It just didn't catch on amongst the free-lunch crowd.

Do you really want me to explain to you why Motif DND is not
as good a specification as Xdnd? Will this make you close
your piehole about DnD, considering you seem to know
nothing about it? (Not that I'm an expert, though).

At least apparently I finally killed your "move Xdnd
into a separate library" crap.

--
Roberto Alsina (KDE developer, MFCH)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:58:15 -0400
From: Gary Hallock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux, easy to use?

Tim Palmer wrote:

> Windo's has a few legasy DOS programms, but noboddy ever uses them. Its' not like
>UNIX whear peopole still half to rite shell script workarounds and eddit config fials
>all the time because THEAR IS NO OTHER WAY.

Lier!   (just in case you didn't catch this Timmy, I just poked fun at your inability
to spell).   Linux gives you the choice of a GUI or editing config files.

Gary

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,soc.singles,alt.society.anarchy
Subject: Re: LOREN PETRICH...CLOSET-DICTATOR
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:55:04 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >What part of "volountary exchange of goods and services" do you
> >not understand?
>
>         That's a very idealistic view of capitalism, something that
> suggests some college student who has just discovered the works of
> Ayn Rand.

Your implication that anybody who doesn't subscribe to your
"ethics should be as clear as mud" philosophy is a simpleton
is not only laughable, but slanderous.

>         And this view of capitalism has often been used to defend
> Microsoft, which Mr. Kulkis hates.

Microsoft's business arrangements are WELL-DOCUMENTED to fail
the "VOLOUNTARY" test.

What's the difference between Microsoft's Extortion and Racketeering,
and Government Extortion and Racketeering?

Answer:  Idiots like you who make arbitrary distinctions where
none exist.

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbough,soc.singles
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:56:14 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> Loren Petrich wrote:
>
>    >> Stock is nothing more than Pokemon cards unless one is both able
>
>    Aaron> Pokemon cards pay dividends????
>
> Owning dividend paying stocks is dumb.

Depends on the size of the divedend, and the nature of the business.

> But you are correct that there is a lot more to stocks than
> pokemon cards.
>
> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in talk.politics.misc...)

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:07:47 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Loren Petrich wrote:
>
> >So, at the next election, if the majority of people vote "yes"
> >on Proposition 457:
> >               "Loren Petrich shall be executed at sunrise"
> >You are saying that this should be carried out, simply because
> >the mob approved it?
>
>         So what about that? The same could be said about a Constitutional
> amendment stating the exact same thing. Of course, if it says "Aaron
> Kulkis" instead...

Why go to such lengths, when the identical results can be obtained
by getting a simple majority of votes in the US Congress, and NO
requirement for the approval of the several States.

Yes, that is right.  Congress can legally select any person, and
sentance them to death.  And I have no problem with that.

Why?  Because they aren't going to bother unless you're a traitorous
prick on the level of Benedict Arnold.

> >>         Mr. Kulkis makes a victim out of himself.
> >In what way?  I don't need to mooch, I'm self-reliant.  I trade
> >my talents and services for the things I need.
>
>   This from someone who considers himself a victim of the government.

Are you saying that if a shoplifter preys upon the goods in a certain
store, and that store is still in business at the end of the year, then
the shopowner is not a crime victim?

I suppose that if I shoot you several times with a rifle, but
don't kill you, then you aren't a victim of violence either.

        Are you willing to put your theory to the test?

        I will GLADLY come out to Livermore, California, and
non-fatally shoot you several times with a rifle, so that you can
demonstrate your true beliefs that one can be harmed by another
party and yet NOT be a victim of that parties actions.

> >>         Communism is NOT a unified front.
> >This does nothing to disprove the testimony of SEVERAL defectors
> >who all say that the whole "collapse of the Soviet Union" is a
> >charade to get the US to unilaterally disarm.
>
>         I've never heard of any such thing. But then again, birch trees
> are not my usual habitat.

Once again, when I get uncomfortably close to the truth, Loren
attempts to shut down the discussion with a slanderous non-sequitor.

You still have not provided a shred of evidence to counter the
testimony of high-ranking defectors from Soviet Russia.

> >How about I get my cousin in California to mount a petition
> >drive to get such a proposition onto the California ballot?
>
>         I'm confident that such an effort will fail miserably.

What if he ha...say, $500,000,000 dollars avialable to the war-chest
for promoting the proposition...

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

Subject: Re: Changing LILO in Mandrake?
From: Ciaran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:20:23 -0700

Tim Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Kevin Croxen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>I think what our semiliterate friend meant to say was
>>edit the lilo.config and then rerun lilo as root.
>>
>>Now while I'm not familiar with Mandrake itself, I
>>can say that most distributions allow you to do this
>>operation from within their install routines; SuSE
>>for example has a "modify boot configuration" panel
>>in its YaST routine. Mandrake presumably has the
>>equivalent. Otherwise, just edit the lilo.config
>>manually to set the default OS and the delay, then
>>post editing run lilo to load your modified
>>configuration. As always when fiddling with Linux's
>>boot configuration, make sure you have a
>>bootdisk ready so that in the unlikely event something
>>goes wrong and your system fails to boot with its
>>modification, you can boot your installed system from the
>>bootdisk and take a second stab at editing the lilo.config
>>

> ...accept UNIX like dum abbriviations and call it LILO.CONF.

As opposed to Windows and dumb abbriviations like ini, reg, bat
etc

Cheers,
Ciaran

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split Save It?
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:26:46 -0500

On 2 Aug 2000 21:06:31 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Perry Pip) wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 15:19:40 -0500,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:09:19 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Perry Pip)
>>wrote:

>>>$.15 per minute??
>>>
>>>$.15 per minute == $9.00 per hour. Who works for that wage?? You must
>>>be getting some pretty sharp tech's for $9.00 per hour...huh?? Hell,
>>>telco charges are more than that in most cases. If you are getting
>>>what you think is usefull tech support from someone who makes $9.00
>>>per hour then you must be worth even less.
>>
>>The customer generally pays only the long distance fee; the
>>Quicken/Microsoft/whoever pays the tech support person to answer the
>>phone and support you with any problems.
>>
>>That was pretty obvious....
>
>Really?? Microsoft provides free tech support over the phone?? That's
>news to me. How do I get it??

Call their numbers and you'll get it.

------------------------------

From: Tim Tyler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Micro$oft retests TPC benchmark
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:23:46 GMT

"John Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Tim Tyler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In comp.lang.java.advocacy John Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[Fungus]

> > : The fact that he has posted links to a pro M$ technology web
> > : site must be causing him great mental distress.
> >
> > Um, have you actually looked at the site in question?
>
> Im a subscriber. Have you?

You snip my extended quote from the site in question in order to
ask me this?!?

<fx: shakes head in disbelief>
--
__________  Lotus Artificial Life  http://alife.co.uk/  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:30:31 -0500

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:27:26 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] () wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 15:19:40 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:09:19 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Perry Pip)
>>wrote:

>>>$.15 per minute??
>>>
>>>$.15 per minute == $9.00 per hour. Who works for that wage?? You must
>>>be getting some pretty sharp tech's for $9.00 per hour...huh?? Hell,
>>>telco charges are more than that in most cases. If you are getting
>>>what you think is usefull tech support from someone who makes $9.00
>>>per hour then you must be worth even less.
>>
>>The customer generally pays only the long distance fee; the
>>Quicken/Microsoft/whoever pays the tech support person to answer the
>>phone and support you with any problems.
>>
>>That was pretty obvious....
>
>       No it wasn't.
>
>       http://www.intuit.com/support/quicken/options/live_phone.html
>
>               For general 'tutorial' class tech support you will be
>               paying $1.95 per minute actual human phone support.

You left out just a -little- bit:

Free stuff:

Installation of Quicken 98, 99, and 2000 for Windows and Quicken 98
and 2000 for Macintosh (we help you install the program onto your PC
or Macintosh).
Data conversion from prior versions of Quicken to current versions of
Quicken on the same platform (ex. Windows to Windows, DOS to Windows,
or Macintosh to Macintosh).
Product defects that are known to Intuit.
Autopatch downloads.
Registration of Quicken.
View and Pay Bills.
Quicken Quotes server issues.

Does GnuCash offer any of that?  Does GnuCash offer even $1.95/minute
tech support?

>       For Microsoft, the terms of what does and doesn't constitute
>       'warranty' support is a bit vague (certainly moreso than for
>       Quicken) with non-warranty support being $35 per incident.

It's pretty obvious to me - if it's NT or Win2k or BackOffice or
similar productline (ie a business product) it's $35 per incident.  If
not, it's free - you only pay toll charges.  I've used MS help a time
or two with Outlook 98 and with MS Word 97.  Free.

>       IOW, Microsoft and Intuit don't want to have your lazy ass leeching
>       free training off of their unpaid support lines.

IOW MS has willingly helped me a time or two without any charge, and I
was impressed with their service.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:31:37 -0500

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:40:11 -0700, josco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Perry Pip wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 13:53:57 -0500,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> >I know plenty of people who'd rather pay $.15 per minute to speak with
>> >someone rather than read the manuals.
>>
>> $.15 per minute??
>>
>> $.15 per minute == $9.00 per hour. Who works for that wage?? You must
>> be getting some pretty sharp tech's for $9.00 per hour...huh??
>
>$9.00 is the starting wage for in-n-out burgers in CA.
>http://www.in-n-out.com/

Actually, it's $8 per hour, per their WWW page.  :)

>Maybe 0.15 minute is a token charge to give some incentive to RTFM.

Or it's the toll charge...

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:38:32 -0500
From: gLiTcH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: If Microsoft starts renting apps

> > > Cause the whore is a pro, and probably knows how to do things that your
> > > friend providing free sex doesn't.  Of course, these are the things that
> > > cause heart-attacks and strokes (hmmm, I drew the analogy to Windows
> > > even better than I thought I could).  And let's not forget the great
> > > array of diseases provided by the whore.
> > >

> > I guess morals isn't a question anymore huh? If so then neither the friend nor
> > the whore would be an option.  But then again in this day and age everyone likes
> > to make their own morals so in their mind they are perfect.
> >
> > good joke though about the windows analogy
>
> Thanks, it was meant as a joke.  And, just in case you haven't picked it
> up from my other posts, I am a happily married man and would never step
> outside of that relationship for sex.  Morals are very important to me,
> but when I'm kidding around....

point taken , good for you, and we could all use a little kidding around after a day
with MS (microsoft that is)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 19:42:10 -0500
From: gLiTcH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >>         ...nahs, it's gots ta be da warden...
> >>
> >>         principles is for kids...
> >>

> >Then you got my point.
>
> <foghorn leghorn>
>
>         I say... I say... It's a joke son.
>
> </foghorn leghorn>

even better joke, that was pretty good, lol
foghorn leghorn is a funny character

------------------------------

From: Andres Soolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2 Aug 2000 23:35:18 GMT

Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> xterm -e vi
> No command line there.
Except the vi's command prompt that'll pop up when you press `:' :-)

--
Andres Soolo   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

LAZY:
        Marrying a pregnant woman.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:39:06 -0500
From: No User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:

some incoherent fool wrote:
>some leftist fool wrote:
>>         And this view of capitalism has often been used to defend
>> Microsoft, which Mr. Kulkis hates.
>
>Microsoft's business arrangements are WELL-DOCUMENTED to fail
>the "VOLOUNTARY" test.
>
>What's the difference between Microsoft's Extortion and Racketeering,
>and Government Extortion and Racketeering?
>
>Answer:  Idiots like you who make arbitrary distinctions where
>none exist.

why just the other day a microsoft death squad went after stebe chaney just
for offering bill gates a free beer.
                      jackie 'anakin' tokeman

it's true, it's true

keepin it real in the field y'all

soc.singles.moderated faq 1.0:
to post your personal include the word nematode in the subject line

on my signal - unleash hell
- maximus

it's evolution baby
- pearl jam

there are only two ways of telling the complete truth - anonymously and
posthumously.
- thomas sowell

asking nerds for romantic advice is like going to the amish for an auto
mechanic.
- me

------------------------------

From: Andres Soolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Which Linux should I try? (Sorry, reposting to correct error)
Date: 2 Aug 2000 23:46:26 GMT

Colin R. Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >Which half did you keep?
>> The Windo's half.
> But which half of Windows?
Probably the frames, they aren't not so damn fragile as the glass half ...

--
Andres Soolo   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am a bookaholic.  If you are a decent
person, you will not sell me another book.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:53:36 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Fred Moody and BugTraq: Is Someone Lying About Linux?
From: "www.angelfire.com web2news.pl" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy

 Fred Moody and BugTraq: Is Someone Lying About Linux?

ABC News columnist Fred Moody has consistently praised Microsoft and dumped on their
critics for years.
This is not in itself a bad thing.  But in the process,
he has continually exhibited an utter disregard for facts, logic and basic fairness.
I have no idea as to his underlying motives, but there's no denying his intent.
He is a pro-Microsoft chauvinist, pure and simple.
To him, praising Microsoft is an end unto itself,
and the traditional values of responsible journalism simply don't enter into it.
I suppose he has as much a right to his opinion as I have to mine.
But when he starts  misrepresenting the facts , I say he's gone too far.

 Here's where he crosses the line:

 [ http://abcnews.go.com/sections/tech/FredMoody/moody.html ] Linux Sux Redux The
Open-Source Platform Is Open to a Slew of Vulnerabilities

"But now comes news from BugTraq that gives the lie to the widely
held belief that Linux is any less vulnerable than its competitors.
Linux's known weaknesses turn out to be proliferating faster than its
market share. BugTraq publishes "Vulnerability Database Statistics"
(a list of bugs, essentially, that are discovered each year in various
software products) that demonstrate rather dramatically how
determined Linux is to join the Big Leagues - if not necessarily in
market share, then in what might be called "vulnerability share."

BugTraq keeps these statistics on 22 different operating systems,
from the main

Full text at: http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/edcurry/moodybugtraq.html

Posted with: http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=596972256&fmt=text

http:  www angelfire com nj2 edcurry moodybugtraq html web2news.pl