On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Richard Gooch wrote:

> What I mean by "real" mounts is a table that shows how each FS was
> brought into the namespace (or each namespace, once you implement
> CLONE_NEWNS). So for example:
> #device               filesystem      roots
> /dev/hda1     ext2            /
> /dev/hda2     ext2            /var/spool/mail /gaol/var/spool/mail
> none          proc            /proc /gaol/proc

Bad format. If anything, it should contain mount IDs (if you want to have
union-mount you need those, just to be able to take away components).
The following might go:

1       /                       /       ext2    /dev/hda1
2       /var/spool/mail         /       ext2    /dev/hda2
3       /proc                   /       procfs
14      /gaol/var/spool/mail    /       ext2    /dev/hda2
15      /gaol/proc              /       procfs
42      /gaol/lib/libc.2.1.3.so /lib/libc.2.1.3.so      ext2    /dev/hda1

IOW, ID + mountpoint + location of root in its tree + fs type + fs-specific
parameters. That at least allows to reproduce the namespace. And yes, IMO
"device" is fs-specific parameter.