From: Jean-Philippe =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=F4t=E9?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Linux keeps on crashing: Could hardware be the cause ?
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:27:17 GMT

Hi everybody,

I'm running RedHat 7.0 on an AMD k6 machine, with pretty
standard hardware. Here's my problem: Linux keeps on crashing
and then reboots. The vast majority of these crashes happen
during the boot process, or a few seconds after booting
(while I'm looging in, for instance). It seems that if I
can pass the first few minutes without a crash, I'm ok
for the rest of the day (as if my system needed to be "warmed
up" to work properly). I cannot precisely tell at what point
of the boot process the crashes happen, as this seems to vary.
Often, the file system gets corrupted during a crash, and I have
to run fsck afterwards to restore it, which annoys me a lot.

At first, I thought this was a software problem, so I tryed
to refomat my hard drive, install other, more recent versions
of Linux, but that didn't change anything, I still have these
random crashes.

I'm starting to think it could be a hardware problem. The thing
is, Linux is the only OS installed on my machine, so I cannot
tell if the problem would also appear with another OS.

Also, I have a high speed Internet connection which ppp over
ethernet. When I bought my machine, there was a fax/modem
in it, and it's still there. I don't need it since I use
an ethernet card for accesing the Net. The modem is also
a "Winmodem", and I know linux has problems with these modems.
Could it be possible that linux try to recognize this
winmodem during boot and then crashes ? I'm thinking of
removing it, to see the results.

Anyway, if you have any ideas or theories on the cause
of these very annoying crashes, please tell me, I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
J-P

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Re: LinkSys betrayed us!  Poor prospects for Linux.
Date: 2 Nov 2000 13:46:07 -0700

In article <9LJL5.99$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Eric Bourland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Clifton,
>
>Respectfully, I don't agree with you. I have been trying for weeks to
>install a Netgear FA-311 card in Linux.

Which other NIC's have you installed successfully?
How well do you understand the boot process and what
the module loader needs to do?  Do you have a handle
on the relationship of the kernel to the card?

>I have read all kinds of HOW-TOs,
>been to scyld.com, and researched the matter at various web sites ... but I
>am unable to understand the instructions offered in any of these places.

Unable to understand any of the instructions?

>is right -- in many places, Linux instructions are incomprehensible.

You can pay tech writers and get worse documentation.

There's a lot of documentation on the network system, sure,
and very little of it is specific to your situation (written
before your card was made), and some of it assumes you have
read every book by W.R. Stevens.

But this can't be such a hard problem; the tulip cards work
on linux all the way to 2.2.17.  You didn't post your kernel
.config, your dmesg where it fails to detect the card, or
anything specific about your hardware.  I assume you've
already installed windows2000 as you were threatening to do,
and may have discovered some installation problems and compatability
issues, there as well.

Perhaps at some point you may realize that the people who hang out
on usenet and willing to help with a linux installation problem,
can usually help with windows problems too.  If you'd given enough
info for your setup, your network problem might be solved right now.

------------------------------

From: Mac Cody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Linux support for PDAs/organizers other than Palm Pilot?
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:09:08 -0600

"Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:

> Mac Cody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > The subject line pretty much says it all.  Is there support
> > on Linux for PDAs/organizers other than the 3Com Palm Pilot?
> > For example the Sharp Wizards (OZ-730PC), Royal DV3 DaVinci,
> > or Casio PV-400Plus.  Any pointers would be appreciated
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mac Cody
> I don't know about the ones you mentioned, but the compaq ipaq is
> supported and some others that use ARM CPUs.
>
> Marcus

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  What I meant is Linux support
for upload/download to the above-mentioned PDAs/organizers.
Not Linux running in the devices themselves.  I'd like to use
a PDA/organizer for text editing while commuting and
upload/download text to my Linux box.  Hope that is clear
enough.

Thanks again,

Mac Cody

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2 Nov 2000 14:06:15 -0700

Jean-Philippe =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=F4t=E9?=  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I'm running RedHat 7.0 on an AMD k6 machine, with pretty
>standard hardware. Here's my problem: Linux keeps on crashing
>and then reboots.

Have you tested your RAM?  Check it with Memtest86
http://reality.sgi.com/cbrady_denver/memtest86/

>Often, the file system gets corrupted during a crash

It should be possible to limit filesystem write buffering
while troubleshooting a problem like this.

>to run fsck afterwards to restore it, which annoys me a lot.

It annoys a lot of people; some are annoyed enough to work
on an alternative to the filesystem that won't require fsck.
We seem to be in a second round of testing on one of them and
it might make it's way into 2.4, according to rumors.

>At first, I thought this was a software problem, so I tryed
>to refomat my hard drive, install other, more recent versions
>of Linux, but that didn't change anything, I still have these
>random crashes.

If you pass a surface scan test you can start to rule out your
drive and controller.  Before you wiped the disk you could have
diagnosed using floppy-based tools and turned the disk controller
off.

>I'm starting to think it could be a hardware problem. The thing
>is, Linux is the only OS installed on my machine, so I cannot
>tell if the problem would also appear with another OS.

If it's memory, it might NOT appear with another OS, at least not
right away.

>Also, I have a high speed Internet connection which ppp over
>ethernet. When I bought my machine, there was a fax/modem
>in it, and it's still there. I don't need it since I use
>an ethernet card for accesing the Net. The modem is also
>a "Winmodem", and I know linux has problems with these modems.
>Could it be possible that linux try to recognize this
>winmodem during boot and then crashes ? I'm thinking of
>removing it, to see the results.

If your machine passes that memory test, you might consider the
power supply.  Have it tested, or even upgrade it.  Consider that
a contemporary PC has about the same power consumption as a hair
dryer or an electric space heater, well, hopefully not at 10 amps,
but, just make sure your powersupply is good, and that no unused
drive power cables are too close to any metal in your case.
Motherboard's grounded, and the powersupply is on a grounded plug.

If all that's good you might have a hard-to-troubleshoot problem,

>Anyway, if you have any ideas or theories on the cause
>of these very annoying crashes, please tell me, I
>would really appreciate it.

When it does work, how does the compiler do at building large
projects (e.g., do you ever get signal 11's during make?)

Do you have any ISA cards?  How well do you understand your bios
settings?  How many different combinations of internal/external
clock jumper settings does your motherboard have?  One of boards
has 2 settings which are both "correct" for my RAM/CPU combination,
but these particular ram chips don't like running at 100mhz.
Problems like that can really take some time and effort to
troubleshoot.

Good luck.

------------------------------

From: "Barry Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:20:34 -0600

Mac Cody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:
> >
> > Mac Cody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > The subject line pretty much says it all.  Is there support
> > > on Linux for PDAs/organizers other than the 3Com Palm Pilot?
> > > For example the Sharp Wizards (OZ-730PC), Royal DV3 DaVinci,
> > > or Casio PV-400Plus.  Any pointers would be appreciated
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Mac Cody
> > I don't know about the ones you mentioned, but the compaq ipaq is
> > supported and some others that use ARM CPUs.
> >
> > Marcus
>
> Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  What I meant is Linux support
> for upload/download to the above-mentioned PDAs/organizers.
> Not Linux running in the devices themselves.  I'd like to use
> a PDA/organizer for text editing while commuting and
> upload/download text to my Linux box.  Hope that is clear
> enough.

Have you checked out http://www.agendacomputing.com ?

They have a $149 Palm-like device called the Agenda (what a coincidence!)
that actually runs on Linux.  But, the part you're more interested in is
that it has a standard serial port.

Only problem is they haven't shipped any units yet.  They are threatening to
ship any minute . . .

-Barry

------------------------------

From: Henry_Barta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2 Nov 2000 21:32:57 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> It annoys a lot of people; some are annoyed enough to work
> on an alternative to the filesystem that won't require fsck.
> We seem to be in a second round of testing on one of them and
> it might make it's way into 2.4, according to rumors.

    I'm not annoyed at running 'fsck', but I am puzzled by what I
    should do when 'fsck' cannot run non-interactively and requires
    manual intervention. It asks a *lot* of questions for which I
    haven't the foggiest idea what the right answer is, so I just
    suppose that 'fsck' must know what's right and lean on the 'Y'
    key to get through it.

    I suppose this dates to the days when Real Admins could roll
    up their sleeves and use a binary editor to modify the super
    block and could decide what to do when 'fsck' want's to know
    'should I modify this', but that is *way* beyond my capabilities.

    I'd just be happy if 'fsck' had a switch that said
    '-admin-has-no-idea-so-do-the-best-you-can-and-dont-ask-questions'

--
Hank Barta                            White Oak Software Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Predictable Systems by Design.(tm)

------------------------------

From: Henry_Barta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: How Safe to Update Bios?
Date: 2 Nov 2000 21:42:16 GMT

In comp.os.linux.hardware db <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How safe is it to update the bios?

    You won't know until you or someone else tries. Aside from the
    problem that you may get a bad flash (never happened to me)
    the new BIOS may break something. One time when I flashed my
    Thinkpad 600e, the new BIOS broke the way that Linux identified
    drive geometry.  This kept me from booting until I could find
    another Linux user with the same hardware who could give me
    the disk geometry. Took me almost a day.

    So I no longer update unless I have a reason. You might try to
    find out who else has the newer BIOS and see if they have any
    problems. Let them be the pioneer. ;)

From: Stefan Parkvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DFE-530TX network card and Asus A7V
Date: 02 Nov 2000 22:36:04 +0100

Hi all,

I have an Asus A7V motherboard with a D-link DFE-530TX (not TX+)
installed. It works fine under Windows, but so far I haven't been able
to get it to work under Linux (neither RedHat 6.2, nor 7.0). Neither
have I found any articles on usenet that seems applicable to my
problem. insmod/modprobe complains about "device or resource busy" (I
am using the via-rhine driver). lspci -v gives the following output

00:09.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device
3065 (rev 42)
        Subsystem: D-Link System Inc: Unknown device 1401
        Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
        I/O ports at a400
        Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

which to me seems to indicate that the card is available on the pci
bus. However, cat /proc/pci gives

           CPU0
  0:     287691          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       7089          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:         71          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 12:      51151          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:     329301          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      29783          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0

i.e., no interrupts are recognized fpr this card (the same is true for
the IO ports). I suspected an interrupt collision (usb uses irq 5 as
well), but moving the card to other pci slots does not help, nor had I
anu success with manually assigning specific IRQs to specific PCI
slots in the BIOS. PnP was off all the time (PnP on does not make any
difference and as I understand it, isapnptools are for ISA cards only).

I'm sure there are a lot of knowledgeable people out there that can
give me a clue on what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stefan

---
Stefan Parkvall, PhD              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Signal Processing                 http://www.s3.kth.se/~parkvall
Royal Institute of Technology     phone: +46 8 790 7411
S-100 44  Stockholm, SWEDEN       fax:   +46 8 790 7329

------------------------------

From: Edward Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ATAPI Tape Drive Locks With Multiple tar Non-rewind Reads
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:49:08 -0500

When trying to read a tar file from a 4Gb ATAPI tape drive the tape
drive locks up after the first read.

The tape contains multiple tar files which were written with:
tar -cvfpPX /dev/nht0 exclude_filename> directory_to_be_tar'ed >>
/tmp/<some filename>
  2>>/tmp<some error filename>

There are no problems with multiple tar writes to the same non-rewinding
tape device.

The read command I use is:
tar -tvf /dev/nht0 > /tmp/some_filename

The first read works correctly but the tape drive light stays on even
after I get a command line prompt.

On the second attempt I almost immediately (1 second delay) get back a
command line prompt.
No read takes place and there are no error messages. It is as if the
tape drive has not been
relinquished.

Sometimes, if I wait a short while, a read attempt will work for the
second tar file on the tape but
attempting to read the third tar file results in a command line prompt
no matter how many times
I try to read it.

An mt rewind command works correctly but a new try has exactly the same
result (first read works
fine but the second doesn't).

Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Edward Nash Jr.
Senior Technical Support/Unix Analyst
Episcopal Health Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS This whole thing started because a tar starting at root creates too
many arguements (/tmp fills up
with a map of the files to be sent to the tape device) than it can
handle. I wanted to split the backup
between the OS filesystems and our application data filesystems using
multiple tar sessions (which
still fails even with large parts excluded from the root tar).

------------------------------

From: Lars Alminde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Monitor flicker on X startup
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:49:46 GMT

Hi,
 I recently installed RH7.0 and thereby Xfree 4.0.1. When X changes
displaymodes from text to gfx (just before you get to the login prompt)
the screen ouput becomes inreadable because of flicker. However if i
turn the monitor off and on again,the picture again become normal.
 Have anybody experienced similar problems using Xfree 4.0.1 or could it
just be due to the fact that my monitor is a cheap no-name plug'n'play
monitor?

Cheers,
Lars Alminde

BTW: GFXcard=Riva TNT2 M64 (Using the SVGA-server)

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: UDMA Support on AMD-750?
Date: 2 Nov 2000 15:20:41 -0700

Hi, I'm running 2.2.17 and am wondering about UDMA support
on one of my boards, a DFI AK70, which uses AMD 750.

I have to use hdparm to enable DMA, and performance is
terrible if I don't enable it.

This is the boot message.

PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device 39, VID=1022, DID=7409
PCI_IDE: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0xd400-0xd407, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xd408-0xd40f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA

I'm having no problem booting, just looking for UDMA-66 support.

------------------------------

From: "Matt Fuerst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SCSI Hard Drive Woes
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:39:51 -0500

Greetings,

I have got a Compaq Deskpro 6000 box that I run RedHat 6.2 on. Here's teh
short version:

My driveis about 40% full and always has been. Just recently I downloaded
several large gzipped files (about 90 megs each) in the process of
gunzipping and untarring them, I began running into IO Errors. At first I
thought the GZ files were corrupt but through research they were not. There
was something wrong with my hard drive. If I try to copy any large file that
makes my drive hit a certain percentage (actually, probably, hit a certain
block or blocks on my drive) I get an IO Error.

Looking at my /var/log/messages I see errors like this:

Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: Additional sense indicates Unrecovered read
error
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 945520
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: scsi0: MEDIUM ERROR on channel 0, id 1, lun 0,
CDB
: Read (6) 0e 6d af 08 00
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: Info fld=0xe6db4, Current sd08:01: sense key
Mediu
m Error
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: Additional sense indicates Unrecovered read
error
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 945520
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: scsi0: MEDIUM ERROR on channel 0, id 1, lun 0,
CDB
: Read (6) 0e 6d af 08 00
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: Info fld=0xe6db4, Current sd08:01: sense key
Mediu
m Error
Nov  2 14:54:09 cable kernel: Additional sense indicates Unrecovered read
error

>From this I am pretty sure that I have some bad blocks cropping up on the
hard drive. Dealing with my local LUG, the super smart whiz kid tells me to
run /sbin/badblocks and have it output the bad blocks into a file, and then
feed the file into e2fsck -l which should map out the bad blocks.

I have done that, and still no dice.

A few things about the aboce process. You have to feed badblocks the number
of blocks in your partition, and I am pretty sure about the number I have
but not positive. Is there an easy and reliable way to get this information?
Since, once I feed the output file into e2fsck it gives me an error message
that Blocks X - Z do not exist (their numbers are too high) so something may
be whack.

Please give me help. badblocks finds a ton of problems, but I dont know how
to fix them!

THanks

Matt Fuerst

-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-
Peter Gibbons: I was sitting in my cubical today, and I realized ever since
I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day
before it. So that means that every single day you see me, that's the worst
day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow. That's messed up.
-- My Life Story from "Office Space"
Matt Fuerst - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.networking
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:25:17 GMT

i agree 100%. i was conned into buying the LNE100TX for the same reason.
"linux tested " - yeah, right! my foot!! went through the same steps but
 still havent been able to configure the damn card.

could SOMEBODY pls. provide a step-by-step approach to this
problem...dont want to give up on linux. not just yet...

In article <PO2K5.11479$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "Arctic Storm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> LinkSys betrayed us!
> I bought a LinkSys LNE100TX ethernet card because it had the box label
> "Linux Tested".
> It came with a driver floppy disk, but it had no driver for Linux.
The
> floppy disk had instructions for installing an old copy of tulip onto
RedHat
> 5.0, which used kernel 2.0; I have RedHat 7.0 w/ kernel 2.2.16.  I
have one
> of the later versions of LinkSys LNE100TX, version 4.1, and this needs
the
> latest tulip driver.
> LinkSys should have given us a working binary files with detailed
> step-by-step installation instructions.  LinkSys wants us to
*download* the
> necessary files/drivers, but without the drivers, I can't get on the
> internet to download them.  The old catch 22; without experience,
can't get
> a job, but without a job, can't get experience.
>
> I went to the tulip web site http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
, but
> the instructions there were so poor and ambiguous that an average user
could
> never follow.  The web site leaves you wondering if there are multiple
ways
> of installing the driver, or one way, but different steps.
> Do I do either "Using the Source RPM Package" or "Installing the
Individual
> Drivers", or do I do both?  What does it mean to install "individual"
> drivers?  I have *one* card, which needs *one* driver!  What do you
mean by
> individual?!
> There's also the section, "Building updated drivers into the kernel".
Do I
> do this in addition to the above instrucitons, or is this something
> separate?!
> I went to the web site http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html , but
this
> web site also has poor instructions, and refers you to somewhere else
> learn how to install modules.
>
> Linux has a long way to go before it can become a common platform, if
at
> all.  Linux is for hobbiest who have time to tinker with their
computers.
> There are no simple ways to click-and-drag to get things working.
> Everything is a struggle; you have to learn something new for every
petty
> task.  Imagine if you had to know how the car's engine transferred
power via
> the transmission system before you can drive your car,...  Few of us
know
> how a calculator works, and we take it for granted and use it as a
fuctional
> tool.  That's what a computer should be; a functional tool to increase
> productivity.  Too much time/effort is required to use Linux.
However,
> Win2K is just as stable, but easy and user-friendly.  How much is my
time
> worth?  How much is Win2K?  Win2K starts to seem pretty attractive,...
>
> -----

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

------------------------------

From: Jim Broughton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: music cdrom on dvd
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:40:11 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does anyone know how or what should i configure
> to play and listen to music cd's using a dvd?
> The dvd is working fine (suse 7.0), and also the
> sound card. However, using common utilities to
> play a cd (from gnome or kde) i get no sound.
> Thanks
>         Luis
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 When trying to read a music CD does the light on the drive
blink at all ?

--
Jim Broughton
(The Amiga OS! Now there was an OS)

------------------------------

From: Hilkiah Lavinier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.redhat,uk.comp.os.linux
Subject: getting the mouse wheel to work
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:43:25 +0000

Hi I have a logitech ps/2 mouse with a wheel.  I would like to get the
wheel working in Netscape.  How do I go about doing it.  I've tried
selecting the Microsoft Intellimouse and quite a few of the logitech
varieties in mouseconf.  The mouse wheel works well in the configuration
program for gnome (control center??).

RH7 (2.2.16-22) on an amd duron 700, geforce 2mx, 128mb ram.....

Thanks
Hilkiah

------------------------------

From: Oliver Battenfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Problems with Emu10k1 kernel module
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 23:46:43 +0100

Hi,

I compiled a custom 2.2.17-1 kernel with emu10k1 as a module. Sound
ouput via /dev/dsp basically works fine, however:

cat /dev/sndstat: No such device
cat /proc/sound: No such file or directory

Any ideas why this happens ? The mixer also doesn't seem to work, KDEs
kmix only says: "Invalid mixer Creative SB Live!".

--
Bye,
Oliver

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2 Nov 2000 15:52:02 -0700

In article <8tsmi9$2uqc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Henry_Barta  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I'm not annoyed at running 'fsck', but I am puzzled by what I
>    should do when 'fsck' cannot run non-interactively and requires
>    manual intervention. It asks a *lot* of questions for which I
>    haven't the foggiest idea what the right answer is, so I just
>    suppose that 'fsck' must know what's right and lean on the 'Y'
>    key to get through it.

What bothers me is the lack of any signal path to the disk subsystem
that allows an "I am crashing, flush buffers while I croak".
Cheap NVRAM, and standard ways of using it would go a long way.

>    I'd just be happy if 'fsck' had a switch that said
>    '-admin-has-no-idea-so-do-the-best-you-can-and-dont-ask-questions'

 It does.

From: Andrey Vlasov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: DFE-530TX network card and Asus A7V
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:54:30 GMT

Hi there,

go into BIOS settings, disable Plug&Play option and start OS. If it will
not works
send email to me.

Andrey