> But most people don't write 800 lines of configuration code for a mail
> filtering system, or have any filtering system at all, for that matter.
> Perhaps in order to get a broader audience linux-il should move to a
> newsgroup, like israel.comp.os.linux, israel.ilug, or whatever ?

Required me few lines of Exim filters and an IMAP server.
But with all the MTAs, I wouldn't even think of downloading this email
load
through POP3. As with IMAP, it's sorta like a newsgroup - you just read
it
whenever you have time, and not get it marked as new mail.
Moving to newsgroups can be good.

Bugtraq I only read through newsgroups :)

> [as Monty Python say]
Python? :)

> To allow Linux to become popular in Israel, we
> need a "hebrew-enabled" distribution, much like Microsoft's Hebrew-Enabled
> Windows, or maybe a Hebrew-Enabling patch set that works for various
> distributions (Redhat, Debian, etc.), so that we don't get "locked" on to
> one distribution.

Atleast that little hebrew support required me many hacks.
GTK reversed widgets - a hack, without proper hebrew reversing even
(still
waiting for GScript)
Netscape ISO-8859-8 hack
Matan's Motif hebrew-reversing text lib