Hi David,
I thought that one benefits in high resolution recording because there is
some room left for mastering like reverb etc...so that we don't loose
quality in the end. Obviously this is more important when we deal with rock
or pop music where we have lots of effects involved, but still unless one
records just the dry signal I think it's better to have some more bits in
the beginning.... don't you? Do correct me if I am wrong.
Best
Jaroslaw

database 2949 (20080315) __________

http://www.eset.com