This is fascinating, in that the topic of recordings is coming up,  in
particular with lack of editing.  Toyohiko Satoh just released a new CD,
music of Phillip Franz LeSage de Richee, on a period instrument, in a..
plain gut, no edits, complete whole takes.  It is refreshing, to say the
least.  I love it.  It is a very real sound, and not the "homogenized"
sound we are used to hearing.

ed