I think we can agree on that, but probably not my Bank manager, who really turns out to be my good lady wife ... I am having trouble persuading her that a 10c might be an absolute necessity, without which life would become utter gloom and doom.

And as you say, a compromise is always that, when Jacob came to Caen, bringing along only one lute for the Sienna music, he brought his 6c (and even then he brought the 60 cm, when he had told me that 64 cm was really a minimum for expressiveness, so he still made a compromise); but I doubt if he gave the 7c any consideration at all.
All the best
Anthony