> I think Eliza will be pronounced in English, regardless of the
>   singer's hipness
Given the context that "Eliza" should be valued over "Maria"..., it probably
be.. :D

>"Ave Maria" must rhyme with "emulari", meaning that you must drop the
>   final "a" of Maria.

Yes, I had to drop it...! I misread it, being distracted by the intention of
the line .. (sing out "Eliza" instead of catholic "Maria".. )
Thank you for thorough explanation!

> At the queen's coronation the acclamation sung by the boys of Westminster
> School as she arrived at the Abbey was "Vivat regina Elizabetha" pronounced
> vyvat regyna as I recall.

Thank you! so it was. I found the recording of the coronation:
https://youtu.be/aGLN1kREJ2Q?t=3m8s

> book that was published a few years ago by Indiana University Press entitled
> 'Singing Early Music'.

Thank you all again for very informative answers!

Tomoko