Marko Vendelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| the attached patch together with additional files included into the
| .tar.gz archive adds elementary support for GTK/Gnome frontend: configure
| scripts, Gtk/Gnome initialization, Gnome event loop processing, and
| Copyright dialog box implementation.

Ok, thanks.
I have applied the tar file and the patch.

| It should be easy to use this code on the platform with good STL string
| implementation. In such case you need standard gtk, gnome, libsigc++ ,
| gtk-- and gnome-- libraries.

I have not reducded LyX requirements on the std::string, so that LyX
is now able to use the bastring supplied with egcs and gcc 2.95.x.
This should make your life a lot easier.

I look forward so seeing this work progress further.

| Finally, to make configure script working I had to disable
| AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS in configure.in (line 66). Otherwise gnome configuration
| scripts were not working properly. It will be very nice if someone with
| good knowledge of configure.in magic would take a look on this
| problem.

Jean-Marc, can you have a cursory glance at this? I am not sure if we
even need the AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS there.

        Lgb