On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> Well I guess that gtk is a ONLY C library and so does not compile with
> a c++ compiler (only a guess but I already had such problems on linking!)
> Why don't you test only for gtk-- as you need that one?

That's a good point. We can use gtk--/gnome-- only as it is now, but I am
not sure whether gnome-- covers libgnome functionality completely. Since
all the scripts seems to be working now we may either leave as it is or
remove unnecessary scripts. However, if we will need anything directly
from gnome libraries we should add these scripts later.

Both solutions should work. To check it, I've removed GNOME_INIT,
GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS, GNOME_X_CHECKS from configure.in file, leaved only
config/gnome/gtk--.m4 and config/gnome/gnome--.m4 in autogen.sh script and
everything configured/compiled just fine.

Marko