Marko> That's a good point. We can use gtk--/gnome-- only as it is
Marko> now, but I am not sure whether gnome-- covers libgnome
Marko> functionality completely. Since all the scripts seems to be
Marko> working now we may either leave as it is or remove unnecessary
Marko> scripts. However, if we will need anything directly from gnome
Marko> libraries we should add these scripts later.

Marko> Both solutions should work. To check it, I've removed
Marko> GNOME_INIT, GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS, GNOME_X_CHECKS from
Marko> configure.in file, leaved only config/gnome/gtk--.m4 and
Marko> config/gnome/gnome--.m4 in autogen.sh script and everything
Marko> configured/compiled just fine.

I think we should try the pure C++ route and remove the rest for now.
Therefore, we'll have to think twice before using the C functions
directly (or force the foo-- people to improve their support).

Could you send a patch?