Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> writes:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>
>> BTW, I just tried this language selector thing, only to find out that,
>> in the rather usual case when only one language is used, it adds an ugly
>> Language... entry that just opens the character dialog. I think it would
>> be better the gray out of remove the entry in this case. This new menu
>> entry is a regression in terms of usability IMO.
>
> If you think so, fine with me. I remebered that people do not easily find
> that language is to be set in the character dialog.

I agree that the character dialog is awful, but it is not a reason for
forcing it in the throat of people who are just looking for setting
language.

Thanks for changing that. Another solution could be to have at top-level
the language that are used in the buffer and a submenu with all the
_other_ languages. This would allow easy selection of a still unused
language too.