John McCabe-Dansted wrote:

> Perhaps the Languages menu should always have certain important
> languages available, including for example
> 1) The LyX Interface Language
> 2) The System default language
> 3) On Linux/Ubuntu Languages that the user has installed
> language-packs for (or maybe aspell/hunspell packs)
> 4) Languages that the user has configured input methods for.
>
> In my case this would mean that I always have English, English (UK),
> English (USA), French, German and Japanese as options, regardless of
> whether they already exist in the document.

Yes, I thought about this, too. This would be an additional feature.
(another possibility is that we store the used languages in session; so if
you once selected your Englishes in a document, you'll always have them in
the menu).

However, this is something for later (at least as far as I am concerned).

Jürgen