On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:

>> > so the problem is soft hyphen?
>>
>> I don't think so, which is why I said it fit the original description
>> in the bug report. That I don't have the problem with the
>> cursor-problem.lyx file but do in the cases I described (and the
>> original bug reporter described) seems to indicate that it's not a
>> soft hyphen. (Or am I not understanding something?)
>
> i'm just trying to to make sense from the various notes around ;)
> - original reporter has visually the same problem as you. seems to be related
> to MAC only.
> - Enrico come with claim that its soft-hyphen problem unrelated to OS
> - Driadan claims in qt 4.6.2 + alpha2 on MAC its fixed
>
> maybe these are various bugs, dunno.
> - are you able to produce example file which shows the problem with qt 4.6.2
> + alpha3 (or trunk)
>  and has nothing todo with hyphen?

I'm using current trunk, and I'm not explicitly entering any soft
hyphens. So for me, a procedure to reproduce is:

create new document
enter in ERT: "\LongLaTeXCommand{}" [cursor is now an extra space to the right]
hit <left-arrow> [cursor is now immediately to the right of the "}"]
type [text entered to the left of the "}"]

All this on Mac (10.6.3) with trunk compiled with Qt-4.7b1, and
Courier as the fixed-width font. It is not a problem for trunk
compiled with Qt-4.4.

I downloaded LyX/Mac-2.0alpha2, and do not experience the bug with
Courier. (Was this compiled with Qt-4.5 or later?)

One correction in what I said before: I noted 2 examples of font
spacing issues, one with Courier and one with Hoefler Text, saying
that both were problematic with Qt-4.5 and later but that neither was
problematic with Qt-4.4. I was partially misremembering. The problem
with Courier shows up only with Qt-4.5 and later but not with Qt-4.4
(as I said previously); however the problem with Hoefler Text italics
*also* shows up with Qt-4.4, and it shows up with both trunk and
branch.

BH