On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 05:52:54PM +0200, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 17.05.2010 um 21:27 schrieb Andre Poenitz:

> >> please make it clear in the announce that we encourage people to build
> >> it against Qt 4.5 and not 4.6 (#6608).
> >
> > Can anyone remind me what the issues with Qt 4.5/4.6/4.7 are?
>
> Andre', do you think LyX builds with Qt 4.7 are running better then with 4.6?

That's what I'd try to figure out once I know what the problems in 4.5
and 4.6 are.  The problems being present only on Mac does not make it
easier for me, though...

> Should I try this?

> And what's the release plan for 4.7?

Even if I knew a date the answer would be "Releases are announced when
they are out" ;-) I am sort of waiting for it myself.

In any case I would not expect much changes (if any at all) in the areas
that are interesting for LyX before 4.7.0 from now on, so for all
practical reasons 4.7.0 beta1 should be as good or as bad as the final
from LyX's point of view.

There have been changes to the font handling in 4.7 cycle, also
regarding the x positioning of glyphs. I've been bitten by one bug there
myself, but this has been fixed again in the mean time.

Maybe someone who knows how to reproduce the 4.5/4.6 problem could
indeed try 4.7.0 beta and see whether it makes a difference?

Andre'