Kornel Benko wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2016 um 20:34:38, schrieb Liviu Andronic
> <landronim...@gmail.com>
>> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately cmake is not able yet to produce more than one debian
> package. Recently started discussions to support components for .rpm, but
> .deb is not that far. And we have more platforms.

The .deb packages created by cmake are really simple. They lack proper
dependencies and interfere with the distro packages (a cmake generated
package named "lyx" is different than the official one, so other packages
depending on lyx might not work). I would not recommend to use these
packages.

IMHO it does not make sense to recreate all debian/ubuntu tools for .deb or
redhat tools for .rpm in cmake. cmake should build the stuff, and packaging
is better done by the more advanced distro specific packaging tools. If you
look at the debian packaging it will be very simple to replace autotools by
cmake: Simply replace the dh_auto_configure call in
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-lyx/lyx.git/tree/debian/rules by a
corresponding cmake call.

>> > Same here.
>> >
>> Not sure what happens in this case, though.
>>

> If we could suffix them too ...

That was my suggestion. Otherwise packages will clash.

Georg