On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:16:19PM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> Spellchecker:
>   In the current version of the UserGuide I found a lot of
> ispell-specific stuff that I would get rid of. Does the problems with
> ispell described there still exist? Or does everybody replaced ispell by
> the "newer and generally better aspell"?

You are correct!  Any mentions of ispell specifically should be
replaced with more general text.  You may want to occasionally make
reference back to some initial section about spelling where you
mention the different flavors of spellchecker out there and any
subtleties that a user may have to pay attention to.

May I suggest, once you know what your replacement prhases should be,
doing a document-wide "Find 'ispell'" on every one of the manuals?
Then, once you've finished all your edits, do the "Find 'ispell'"
again to make sure you got them all.
(This is the very same technique I used 7 years ago.  Very good
for such global doc-refactors.)

--
John Weiss