On 05.07.2016 23:21, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Engelmann <engelmann <at> uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

Thanks a lot, Paul. This is ok now for my Kubuntu.
I found it also in my Debian, but at different places and showing that
my lyx installation(s) are a mess:
toolbar-toggle_math.svgz is found at

usr/local/share/lyx-latestdev/images
usr/local/share/lyx-latestdev/images/oxygen/

usr/local/share/lyx22/images/
usr/local/share/lyx22/images/oxygen/

mnt/sdb/we/Lyx/lyx-2.2.0/lib/images/
mnt/sdb/we/Lyx/lyx-2.2.0/lib/images/oxygen

The two former pairs are on the  SSD of my PC, the last two at my 2 TB
disk of my PC. No idea what the /oxygen/ stands for.
I'm not sure. It might have something to do with doxygen (code documentation
system for C++), or it might be related to oxygen (which has something to do
with generating/editing XML files), or it could be neither of the above.

lyx22 starts Lyx-2.2.0
lyx-latestdev  starts the Lyx-2.2.0rc1
and there is furthermore a  lyxclient22 which gives me
Connected to /tmp/lyx_tmpdir.iOKTQylh1468/lyxsocket
and a lyxclient-latestdev which gives me
lyxclient: Connected to /tmp/lyx_tmpdir.iOKTQylh1468/lyxsocket
No idea what this is for.
There's a server version of LyX (documented on the wiki) that can take
commands from a program or script (or you typing in a terminal) and execute
them using LyX. The lyxclient program is, I think, the command line/terminal
client provided with LyX. I've never used the server version, so I don't
know any more than that.

Paul

Thanks. Paul, for explaining this.
To remove the
lyx-latestdev (=Lyx-2.2.0rc1), should I use
sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove lyx ?
Wolfgang