Wolfgang Engelmann <engelmann <at> uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Synaptic of my Debian Jessie proposes lyx2.1.2-2 as the newest version,
> that was the reason I installed first lyx2.2.0rc1 and later lyx2.2.0.
> dpkg-query -s lyx: Paket »lyx« not installed and no information
> available. I think I will leave lyx2.2.0rc1 and forget about it.
> Thanks for the help, Paul

You're welcome, Wolfgang. For what it's worth, I use Liv Andronic's Ubuntu
PPA (linked in the binaries section of the LyX download page) to stay
current on Mint. I'm not aware of any equivalent sites for Debian, but there
is a site (https://wiki.debian.org/CreatePackageFromPPA) claiming it's easy
to convert an Ubuntu package to a Debian package. I'm just mentioning it in
case you're interested.

It would be nice if a Debian user would take it upon himself/herself to make
Debian versions of Liv's packages. Unfortunately, I can't, since I don't
have Debian installed. (Mint is based on Ubuntu.)

Cheers,
Paul