On 06.07.2016 21:39, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Wolfgang Engelmann <engelmann <at> uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

To remove the
lyx-latestdev (=Lyx-2.2.0rc1), should I use
sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove lyx ?
I'd be careful with that; it might remove the wrong version (or nothing). If
you have Synaptic installed, I'd recommend opening that, searching for
installed packages containing 'lyx' in the their name, and see if you can
identify the "latestdev" version. If so, you can mark it for deletion. If
you don't have Synaptic, you can run "dpkg-query -s lyx" in a terminal.
Scroll down to the "Version:" line and see if it is indicating
lyx-latestdev. If so, your command should work; but if it identifies a
different version, try "dpkg-query -l lyx-latestdev" to see if it's instaled
with that package name.

Paul

Synaptic of my Debian Jessie proposes lyx2.1.2-2 as the newest version, that was the reason I installed first lyx2.2.0rc1 and later lyx2.2.0. dpkg-query -s lyx: Paket »lyx« not installed and no information available. I think I will leave lyx2.2.0rc1 and forget about it.
Thanks for the help, Paul
Wolfgang