On 12/11/2014 20:39, "Kustaa Nyholm" <kustaa.nyh...@planmeca.com> wrote:

>This is probably the wrong list but since I hand around here
>and JOGL forum did not come up with anything I thought I'd ask
>here.
>
>I've moved to Java 8 and now my JOGL / javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel
>draws its stuff in the lower left quarter of the display on my MacBook
>Retina.
>
>An obvious remedy is just to double the size of my glViewport() but how
>do I know when I need to do this and when I don't -- ie without testing
>I'm assuming that on non retina displays I must not do this.
>
>I've google up and down but I've find no definite source on how HiDPI
>displays are supported by Java 8. Just realized I'm actually using
>Oracle JDK 8 if it makes a difference....
>
>Feel free to direct me to a better list or forum or better yet to the
>actual documentation.
>
>br Kusti

As soon as I posted this I found the answer, here for posterity:

http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-next/javadoc/jogl/javadoc/javax/media/o
pengl/GLDrawable.html#getSurfaceWidth%28%29
http://jogamp.org/deployment/jogamp-next/javadoc/jogl/javadoc/javax/media/n
ativewindow/NativeSurface.html#getSurfaceWidth%28%29

br Kusti

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden. We will not be liable for direct, indirect, special or consequential
damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on or as of transmission of this
e-mail in general.