Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
>   > So as a result, any MB-using dist cannot be installed on any current
>   > production Perl. Installation requires an undocumented (to the
>   > installer) undeclared non-core module MB to be hand-installed because
>   > any of these dists will work.
>
> CPAN.pm 1.83_56 introduced a protection against this sometimes missing
> prerequisite declaration. 1.84 is really close to a release, so this
> gap is closed then.

Actually, I was going to point out that I took one of the rare machines that I
have access to that isn't infected with my entire toolchain and installed
Bundle::CPAN.  The very last thing it installed was Module::Build itself; I was
trying to see how long the Bundle::CPAN that is distributed with CPAN has
included M::B, but search.cpan.org is having some issues at the present time. :(

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group