Okay, I took a look at why the GDAL provider returned true (because this
was easier than trying to figure out how to load some rasters into postgis)

Turns out the GDAL provider automatically sets connection state to open
regardless of the data source string you specify in the connection
parameters. This has an effect on the MapGuide side of making every GDAL
connection test be a successful result, hence explaining why even a
gibberish string will return a TRUE result.

That particular bug is being tracked here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/ticket/995

All I can say at this point is try to proceed as though the PGSQL
connection string you passed in is legit and see how things go.

- Jackie

You wrote:

Thanks again Jackie, much appreciated your support.

I’ve realized that regardless of what you write on the FILE path… the TEST

result is always TRUE

I wrote Gibberish (literally) and still TRUE

--
*Please Note: I no longer create new posts or post replies to any OSGeo