#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The fact that Golden Dawn and the like support Putin just means that the
far right is also not uniform. The far right in different countries have
different agendas. It is like saying that Golden Dawn has, at various
points, supported Palestine, while the far right in many parts of Europe
and the US have also supported Israel.

There were definitely far right groups in Ukraine that did support the Euro
Maidan, the Svoboda Party being the most obvious example. In times of
crisis, rightists will mobilize just as leftists will do.

Re: "The Western Left" I have seen leftists in the West take many different
positions. It's true that a significant segment basically threw in with
Putin, although my guess would be that a significant number did not even
wade in. But the article you posted goes far beyond this and draws a bunch
of conclusions about American and European leftists with very little
evidence. There does not appear to be any attempt at quantifying these
various factions or even meaningfully defining who they are or who is in
them or anything. It sounds like a guy just ranting about how shitty the
left is (as though that is news) and then making one conjecture after the
next to sully anti-imperialism as a whole.

Considering who is behind the article I would not expect much better from
them.

- Amith