Hi,

the same problem occurred, when I also tried to plot some chaos systems
the solution I found (and works just fine) is to comment axes.py:2131
I didn't send a patch, 'cos I'm not sure that it wasn't really an
common bug (I played with my overall python distribution)

some OT:
1) trajectories -> you could use pydoc numpy.hsplit
2) IMHO to plot chaotic behaviour with iterations over 500k the matplotlib on
an ordinary computer is a little bit slow compared to creating a data
file and using gnuplot ...

Karol