belinda thom wrote:
> Thanks Eric!
>
> I'm kind of afraid to upgrade to the SVN version b/c I fear something
> else might break (I've yet to install matplotlib from source b/c of a
> few nagging Mac OS X issues).
>
> What would you recommend?

I don't know; I see from your earlier message that Tim Leslie says some
of the things you are trying to do are still broken, and his patches are
what John committed, so svn is certainly no better than what Tim is
working with now.

I don't think that anything has changed since 0.90 in such a way as to
require changing both the compiled parts and the pure python parts, so
you could try simply replacing the pure python part.

> There's also the issue of having to upgrade student machines for which
> I'm not admin. Grrr.

That certainly makes the prospect of doing any kind of upgrade less
attractive.  I don't have a good solution.