belinda thom wrote:

> Me neither :-). I will try and get permission to upgrade axis.py w/my
> quick fix commenting out the kwargs in line 2131 of axes.py, as this is
> the quick option and I need something ASAP. You seem to know quite a bit
> about matplotlib. If you have any idea what this hack might break, I'd
> appreciate your insight so I know what to be wary of.

Your "fix" is rendering the scalex and scaley kwargs of Axes.plot
ineffective, so that both axes will be autoscaled regardless of the
value of these kwargs.  It might have no practical consequence for what
you are doing.  The larger concern is that I can't figure out how making
that change would be needed--the error message you show doesn't make
sense to me, given what I see in the code, which means I don't
understand something critical--and in fact this "fix" doesn't seem to be
needed on my system.  So, maybe this particular problem really has been
fixed since 0.9, and Tim is referring to some other sort of problem in
the 3d code. (I am simply assuming he is working from svn, but I don't
know this for a fact.)  All very confusing and unsatisfactory.

Eric