Hi,

I'm replying to this older thread

http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/
msg02100.html

because it relates very much to my recent problem, posted at http://
www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/
msg03037.html. This problem seems more general than just the two
circumstances you mentioned.

I'm finding the problem w/any use plot3D in matplotlib.axes3d, e.g.:

import copy
import pylab as P
import matplotlib.axes3d as P3
fig = P.figure()
ax = P3.Axes3D(fig)
ax.plot3D(P.ravel(X),P.ravel(Y),P.ravel(Z)) # this command will fail

with the errors identical to those you report. I modified
matplotlib's axis.py in a similar way as your suggestion. Line 2131
went from:

self.autoscale_view(scalex=scalex,scaley=scaley)

to:

self.autoscale_view() #scalex=scalex,scaley=scaley)

It took me a while to verify that this fixed the problem b/c I didn't
at first realize I'd have to kill ipython and restart it (so that it
sees the new axes.py file).

I wonder what this change to axes.py will break. Any ideas?

Thx,

--b