I also wonder what is the real status of this community support, and the
willingness of the current Hildon and/or GTK+ maintainers and developers
to bring Hildon and Hildon based applications to the MeeGo community
repositories.

There has been some discussion about this at GNOME's mobile-devel-list
but honestly I had expected a more concrete or articulated answer by
now. See the whole "What would you do to encourage application
developers on GNOME Mobile?" discussion starting at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mobile-devel-list/2010-April/msg00003.html
and even my own post back in February that got basically no traction
from anybody involved in GTK+ development -
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mobile-devel-list/2010-February/msg00010.html

just to clarify; "GNOME Mobile" is not part of MeeGo really (although on the
netbook,
we've borrowed some components for the UI implementation), and nobody should
depend
on this being there for app development for MeeGo. Use Qt for that.