On May 24, 2010, at 7:12 PM, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Em Segunda-feira 24. Maio 2010, às 17.18.50, Graham Cobb escreveu:
>> On Monday 24 May 2010 15:22:42 Dave Neary wrote:
>>> Let me ask the question this way (re. what Alberto wrote earlier): if I
>>> used Hildon on top of a stock upstream GTK+, what would be broken?
>>>
>>> If the answer is "not much", then as Arjen (almost) said: "Sounds
>>> perfect for the community repository".
>>
>> The mails from Kimmo and Kate seem to suggest that as well as the GTK
>> changes there are some significant issues with trying to port Hildon to
>> another platform.  In particular, the way the stackable windows work and
>> the way input works both have to be reworked.  Sounds like a non-trivial
>> piece of work to me -- probably needs to be done by someone who is being
>> paid, if we want it working in the next months?
>>
>> So, one possible focus for the funding would be "port Hildon to MeeGo" (or
>> to a standards-compliant desktop environment, or something).
>
> Well, for one thing, the porting of the input methods needs to have an idea
> how the input methods on the target platform will work.
>
> As for the stacked windows, maybe it's a matter of determining if that's a
> feature that is wanted? Maybe the target UX won't have them, so they
> shouldn't
> be ported, but instead adapted to the new concept.

Same concept as stacked windows but implemented different way is also used
by MeegoTouch toolkit and native Meego applications. If you would like to make
meego applications with consistent and good UI you should have it implemented
way or other. I was thinking could it be implemented with ordinary window
manager
with some tricks.

For adapting any desktop widgets set ( also QWidgets ) will face same problems.
Kinetic finger scroll is also key feature. So long than you have resistive
touch screen
you can manage with scroll bars but they become difficult to use if you have
capasitive
touch screen.

Kate