On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, J. Landman Gay wrote

On 3/31/11 12:12 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

    Didn't you just state that the build process has been moved into the
    engine, so - again - why maintain the protection of the Rev standalone
    builder?

The actual building is done in the engine, but the *ability* to build is in the IDE and is protected. Without that protection, anyone with a current LiveCode license could create a competing product. I know you yourself wouldn't do that, but others might.

Thank you Jacqueline,

this makes sense to me, point taken.

And as I assured not to develop a competing product and can be relied on that assurance, Kevin maybe may allow me to have a look at that priviledged info needed to build a MC standalone.

Best regards,

Wilhelm